Monday, October 19, 2009

The Waterboys - Don't Bang The Drum

The significance of the blog title is this; it is the name of the song that I'm listening to. It's the first time that I've put this record on, and I'm fairly impressed.

The significance of my blog series title is this; it's the first intelligent thing that came to mind. I hate coming up with titles for things that haven't even been made yet, but I don't think I'll change my mind about this one. The title is a spin on the title of James Joyce's novel, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I haven't even read it yet. Well, I read the first page or so at Chapters. I would have read more, but I had it in my lap on the floor, but thought better of my position when someone nearly tripped over me.

That happens to me a lot at Chapters.

It's a Steve pick, so I think I'll enjoy it. Another of his picks is Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night, which I am nearly done. My situation with Steve is like that of Seinfeld's Elaine with what's-his-name, whose picks at the video store she adores. I have a healthy infatuation with Steve, whom I have only glimpsed once, and almost had the chance to speak with as I purchased his pick. I think I'll have to get a job there.

No comments:

Post a Comment