Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You'll Be Surprised To Know I'm Getting 90% In Religion.

Once in a while, I like to wish something in my head, and entertain the fancy that there is a possibility of it coming true.
I think this is called praying.

And once in a while, I almost believe that someone out there can hear me, and truly wants to grant my wish.
I think this is called a religious urge.

This unsteadies me, as I am a proud Agnostic. Who is proud of indecision, you may ask? I absolutely am, as I consider it the only sane way to be. Wholeheartedly believing that something unproven exists makes just as little sense as believing it doesn't. There are those Atheists who will back their arguments with science, but science can only go so far; besides, I think anyone who believes too thoroughly in science loses themselves, and is possibly insane. In contrast, there are those Believers who claim that they have personally witnessed divine intervention. These people are almost definitely insane.

Most of us, including myself in many cases, get so tired of wracking our brains in search of a definite answer that we decide not to think of the divine at all. When asked one's opinion on religion, one will often respond "...I dunno". This disgusts me just a tad. When asked what I believe, I often begin a long, rambling, poetic explanation of what I have summarized above. Perhaps this is worse.

I guess you could say I don't believe in short answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment